Friday, November 28, 2008
Pretty Punchy Polymer Pin!
This is a pin I handmade. It's made from polymer clay, pressed into a mold, cut out, baked,cooled then sanded. Then I choose ink colours for them rebake them and let cool and harden.
Once the ink sets up, I glaze it with enamel paint. Then I add enamel glitter paint and a one final clearcoating of glaze and let air dry overnight.
These are small pins around 1-4 inches usually. This is 1 inch x 1 inch. For the small size they do pack a lot of punch & pop up a sweater or blazer lapel. These are my original designs and each one is just a little different than the last one. There is no recreating a purchased design exactly. I quite like this fact. As I'm something of an original, myself.
--Heather 'aktie9' :)
- ► 2015 (19)
- ► 2014 (92)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (162)
- ► 2009 (236)
- Castle in the Sky
- Pretty Punchy Polymer Pin!
- Ceiling @ Union Station in Worcester Massachusetts...
- hydrangea collide
- Sky photo #1000000 ;)
- Photos, lots and lots of photos & some artwork too...
- Dark shadows................
- It was the light, it was the angle
- The Giant T-rex is coming to eat you.... ha ha ha
- My little blue bird on a wire..
- ▼ November (10)