Sunday, October 25, 2009

Potato Leek Soup..

Potato Leek Soup

I loosely followed this recipe. I skipped the 4 cups of broth, and rosemary. I used vegan margarine to cook the onions in & I added two carrots cut up for the flavour instead of the broth. I used 4 cups of water instead of the broth. No reason in particular. Just using less salt these days & I had tons of leeks to use. After it was all cooked down. (steamed) I sent it through my blender for a few five minutes. Since I used all the leeks, I had extra soup. I froze two containers. Two containers went into the fridge for the week.

I love soup, and my son does too. Hubby & my other son aren't as fond of it. But, hubby will use it like gravy over a garden burger. I will take what I can to get them to eat more veggies. I will try to put some noodles and butter into a little of the soup for my anti soup son. See if he notices. I will try anything. He's a vegetarian but, he would live on fruit, bread, smoothies, and cookies if he could. I try to make sure he is sneaked some veggies too.

Potato Leek Soup


Eat some veggies today! --Heather ;)
Post a Comment

Blog Archive

link referral

Vegan, musings on life, kids, cars, vegan food, art, photography, crafts, etsy dot com, etc.
© COPYRIGHT NOTE: My designs, photos and description text are protected by copyright. They may not be duplicated, copied, reproduced and/or republished without permission or notice. All rights are reserved. All Rights reserved either implied or expressed by 3 a.m. Art/aktie9.