Friday, October 16, 2009

Something Old Just Became Something New!

Upcycled sweater


I have used every single part of this sweater. Waste not, want not. The sleeves have become wrist warmers for me. Cozies for my ipod, & cell phone. Now the main part of the sweater has become a purse. Finally. I also upcycled the straps. It was from a baby gap ribbon I saved from when my older son was born. It's a white satin strap. I thread it through the entire bag all around the top. It comes out on both sides of the bags giving me the option to have handles or just pull it out from one side.. whatever I feel like. I need to put something inside it still. I'm looking at buying some felt to sew inside it to make it a little more sturdy. Then I can use it as a book bag, if I want to. If I don't add some felt or other sturdy fabric I can just use it for my wallet, cell phone & a couple other things. I might take to carrying it in my back pack. This way I can use it to carry home fruit from the farmer's market.

I have a couple more of these in the works. I'm taking old things I no longer use and making them into new things, rather than throwing them out.


What have YOU upcycled? Leave a comment & let me know. I'm always looking for new ideas. XOXO Heather :)
Post a Comment

Blog Archive

link referral

Vegan, musings on life, kids, cars, vegan food, art, photography, crafts, etsy dot com, etc.
© COPYRIGHT NOTE: My designs, photos and description text are protected by copyright. They may not be duplicated, copied, reproduced and/or republished without permission or notice. All rights are reserved. All Rights reserved either implied or expressed by 3 a.m. Art/aktie9.