Friday, January 15, 2010

When your oven is busted..don't "cook" this..

I rawr u very mucho



Tofutti cheesecake. Made with 2 tbs of raspberry jam, drops of vanilla, splash of cold soy milk, a 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries, cornstarch teeny amount & a coconut rice crust. Not really "raw" vegan per se. But, ye olde stove is still busted. So I'm trying out something new. Not sure how heated cooked tofutti is. But, I do know that tofu is usually kettle boiled. So... not raw exactly. But, the fresh fruit inside the batter is. The coconut -rice gluten free crust was partially cooked in the oven. Broiler works. But it's 500*F no other options. So.... I had to keep the door open & watch it. I only cooked it to firm it up a touch. It cooked in there for 15 minutes that's it.

Consensus from my two kids, (aka: Picky eaters)it's GOOD. Really good. You don't need any soy whip to make it better. It's soo delish!

If the oven gets fixed tonight, I was thinking I'd bake it. Now having had some. I'm not going to bother.


XOXO Heather :)
Post a Comment

Blog Archive

link referral

Vegan, musings on life, kids, cars, vegan food, art, photography, crafts, etsy dot com, etc.
© COPYRIGHT NOTE: My designs, photos and description text are protected by copyright. They may not be duplicated, copied, reproduced and/or republished without permission or notice. All rights are reserved. All Rights reserved either implied or expressed by 3 a.m. Art/aktie9.