Sunday, March 14, 2010

LIME ORANGE LEMON

PIE! Yes PIE! Why pie? Because it's Pi day, of course! Incidentially, it's also Albert Einstein's Birthday! Happy Birthday Al!

Happy Pi Day!  Happy Birthday Einstein!

I took this recipe here, and changed it up some. For one I put it into a ROUND pan. HEY it's Pi day after all! For the crust I used coconut flour & rice flour, with flax seeds. I used the Earth Balance "butter" baking bars, a little sugar, a little vanilla and then followed the directions of pressing it into a pan (silicone) and baking it for about 12 minutes. Then letting it cool and then pouring the tofu/citrus juice pudding mix over the top & baking it for another 30 minutes or until the pudding is set. Instead of Key limes I used one orange, one lemon and several regular sized limes for the juice. I squeezed them by hand & got about a cup of juice this I added to the tofu. I couldn't find Silken tofu, so regular tofu was used, and the blender just processed it a touch longer, till it was smooth. Maybe 5-6 minutes total blending time. Sugar.. I used some fair trade sugar cane and a little sugar water I had made with it. Even after all of the sweetener, I still found the citrus to be quite tangy. NEVER fear Organic Powdered Sugar to the rescue! I just dusted a bit extra onto each slice of the Pi. Er, I mean Pie. ;)

It was Delicious! I did add the lime zest in for colouring & a little bit of green food colouring as well.

Sooo yummoooo! XOXO Heather :)
Post a Comment

networked blogs

link referral

Vegan, musings on life, kids, cars, vegan food, art, photography, crafts, etsy dot com, etc.
© COPYRIGHT NOTE: My designs, photos and description text are protected by copyright. They may not be duplicated, copied, reproduced and/or republished without permission or notice. All rights are reserved. All Rights reserved either implied or expressed by 3 a.m. Art/aktie9.