Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Take Care of Your Freedom!

My Top 10 Favorite "Irish" Bands & Their Songs.

Now, Irish is being used loosely here. As the Drop Kick Murphys are from Boston. Flogging Molly is partially Irish, and some Californian as well, IIRC. So think Irish, not Ireland. This is probably self explanatory, but I love to digress. What can I say, Kasey Kasem is my hero. I used to listen to him EVERY Saturday as a kiddo and even later in life. So each song of course comes with a link to the song/video. Mostly because VIDEO Killed the RADIO Star. I'm an 80's child. Don't be a hater. I Live for music! I love music! I love to sing music. Used to be in the Glee club & I suffered Church sermons of MANY MANY Sundays, just to sing in the choir with the angels.


10. The Cranberies, Ode to my Family.

9. The Coors, Little Wing.

8. Sinead O'Connor, Mandinka.

7. Flogging Molly, Salty Dog.

6. Dropkick Murphys, For Boston.

5. Celtic Thunder, Ireland's Call.

4. Celtic Woman, The Call.

3. U2, All Because of You.

2.Flogging Molly with The Lightning Storm.




Finally, we have number ONE! Without any further ado or long winded Irish wording, The Dropkick Murphy's with Tessie!


Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
You know we couldn't live without you
Boston, you are the only only only
Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
You know we couldn't live without you
Red Sox, you are the only only only







Happy Irish music, Green beer, Guinness, Red Sox! Dropkicks! Boston, Saint Patrick's Day!


--Heather O'Connor :)
Post a Comment

Blog Archive

link referral

Vegan, musings on life, kids, cars, vegan food, art, photography, crafts, etsy dot com, etc.
© COPYRIGHT NOTE: My designs, photos and description text are protected by copyright. They may not be duplicated, copied, reproduced and/or republished without permission or notice. All rights are reserved. All Rights reserved either implied or expressed by 3 a.m. Art/aktie9.