Sunday, June 5, 2011

Massachusetts ROCKS!

On June 1 2011 we had a devastating tornado in Western/Central Massachusetts.

Dark clouds

The very next day, folks began getting together to help those in need! I LOVE Massachusetts! I'm on an homeschool mailing list & folks are pouring in with help & donations! The letter is below:

Dear Friends

I know we have all been touched in one way or another by the events of June 1.

I spent this morning at Hitchcock Academy in Brimfield. When I walked in the door I was overwhelmed and in awe by the amount of clothing, shoes, bedding and toy donations that have been given by neighbors to help neighbors impacted by the June 1 tornadoes . As I sorted clothing and organized packages of new underwear and socks, cars and trucks continued to pull up and the donations continued to pour in. Hitchcock Academy truly is a COMMUNITY Center.

HOW YOU CAN HELP:

-GET THE WORD OUT to all those in need. Hitchcock Academy in Brimfield will be open this week Monday through Friday 9 AM to 9PM. Families can come in or send a neighbor, relative or friend to pick up pillows, towels, blankets, shoes, crayons, toys, bubbles or even just a shirt or new pair of underwear or socks.

-VOLUNTEER to help at Hitchcock. Call Sue Gregory at 413 245-9977. Some jobs are best done by adults but some can be accomplished with children.

At this time additional donations of goods are not needed .

In ending, I wanted to share with you my experience and to thank all who have donated, and Hitchcock and their staff for opening their doors to be a center for the community.


If you need more info please contact Stacia at scaplanson at gmail dot com

Stacia Caplanson
Cedarbrook Learning Connections

ROY B GIV

Now I'm doing my small itty bitty part & passing this onto you. I'm also sell photos in my Etsy shop. Now until July 1st 50% of all sales will go to help the people affected by the June 1 Tornados. I'll donate by way of buying items to donate to Hitchcock Academy for dispersal that way, or directly to the Red Cross & let them pass the money onto folks who need to rebuild. I myself had a fire when I was young newlywed & we lost everything. The Red Cross was great giving us a place to stay, and a coupon voucher to get anything we needed. I'd love to be able to give back & help them out!

--Heather :)
Post a Comment

networked blogs

link referral

Vegan, musings on life, kids, cars, vegan food, art, photography, crafts, etsy dot com, etc.
© COPYRIGHT NOTE: My designs, photos and description text are protected by copyright. They may not be duplicated, copied, reproduced and/or republished without permission or notice. All rights are reserved. All Rights reserved either implied or expressed by 3 a.m. Art/aktie9.