Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Getting Some More Things Done

Amazingly enough, I have managed to get a few things done that have been plaguing me for a while. I finally used this pretty green yarn that I created with my drop spindle.

Whatcha Doin?

I turned it into a headband, altho it also works as a necklace or scarf on my daughter, Fee. I am working on using the pink & purple now. Some of the purple has become a bracelet & I am sewing on some of the pink to that bracelet now. Pictures later.

Banana Silk Fibers

I also managed to figure out how to use my round looms & actually made something I can be seen in with it.

Rainbow Cowl

I actually made three things with it. I made another rainbow cowl like this one for myself. This one shown fits the baby. I also made a purple one, but it unraveled & I'm sorting it out now.

I got myself this far in knitting with sticks. Did you know, loom knitting came first? Wikipedia it. It's true. Oh and men did it before women. Hence, people were able to catch fish to eat back in the day.

#knitting on this chilly night, what else do we do to pass the #winter ?

Hey it's progress. And I'll take whatever progress I can get in this regard. It's been extremely slow going for me. Loom knitting, on the other hand has been easy peasy for me, so I stick with it happily. --Heather :) P.S: I hope my blogging "voice" doesn't come off edgy or anything. I've been watching a lot of Daria lately, and that sometimes happens to me. I <3 Jane. She's my fav.
Post a Comment

link referral

Vegan, musings on life, kids, cars, vegan food, art, photography, crafts, etsy dot com, etc.
© COPYRIGHT NOTE: My designs, photos and description text are protected by copyright. They may not be duplicated, copied, reproduced and/or republished without permission or notice. All rights are reserved. All Rights reserved either implied or expressed by 3 a.m. Art/aktie9.